BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Lightning strike causes fire at Marshalltown business

A fire broke out at Ev’s Restaurant, 2205 1/2 S. Center St., early Monday morning after lightning struck the building.

Two people, who live in the apartment above the business, were home at the time of the fire and made it out safely.

Fire Chief Steve Edwards said the fire was contained to the attic and caused nearly $15,000 worth of damage.

The ice cream shop is closed until further notice.

Look for more information in Tuesday’s edition of the Times-Republican.